How Do You Turn on a SMOK Vape?
Picture this: you’re ready for a good vape session with your SMOK mod, looking forward to the deliciously fluffy clouds of vapor and a few minutes of relaxation. You fill your vaporizer with your favorite vape juice, head to your vape spot of choice, and push the power button to get started. But then, disaster strikes: you can’t turn on your vape pen. There goes your whole day, right? Well, not necessarily.
“How do you turn on a vaporizer pen?” might seem like one of the most basic, beginner-level questions in the world of vaping, but it’s actually a pretty common issue that pops up for a range of vapers. Whether it’s your first vape or your 500th, trying to figure out how to unlock a SMOK vape can make you feel like you have no idea what you’re doing. The good news is, you aren’t alone, and there’s definitely no reason to feel silly. We’re here to help you get back to vaping!
Turning on Your SMOK Vape
Learning more about your vaporizer and how it works can help you become a better troubleshooter, so that you’re able to tackle issues as they arise. Here’s a quick rundown of how to turn on your SMOK and what to do if you run into a problem.
- First, locate your device’s main fire button, which also functions as the power on/off button. Most SMOK devices have just a single button, sometimes two or three. If your specific device has more than one button, and you aren’t sure which one is the main fire button, take a quick look at your instruction manual. It, like many people, you tossed the manual in the trash after opening the box, all hope is not lost. Luckily for you, most SMOK vapes have an online manual that you can find with a quick Internet search. A little tip for your next vape device: read the manual cover to cover and store it in a safe place for when you need to refer back to it.
- Like all vaporizers, SMOKs have a lock system. This system is a protective measure to ensure that the vaporizer doesn’t misfire while it’s stored, because you definitely don’t want that to happen in your pocket or purse. Unlock your device, which you can typically do with 5 clicks in rapid succession. Most vapers simply get in the habit of clicking the button rapidly until the indicator light turns on, so you don’t have to literally count out five clicks every time.
- Once your device is unlocked, press the main fire button three times to access the device menu. Your menu may vary slightly depending on your model, but at this point, your mission has been a success: you’ve turned on your vape.
- After you’ve enjoyed a good vape session, turn off your SMOK device by accessing the menu system again. Scroll through your options until you reach the power option, which may read “Power On” or something similar. Using the main fire button, change this to read “Power Off.”
These basic steps should get your SMOK vape up and running and can generally be relied on to work the majority of the time. However, if attempting to unlock your device doesn’t work, and you’re still left staring at a vape device that’s failing to show any sign of life, you can do some quick troubleshooting.
Here are a few common reasons that you might not be able to turn on your device:
- The vape battery needs to be charged. Have you charged your vaporizer recently? You should have a pretty regular charging schedule and make a habit of plugging it at the same time every day. It’s also important to make sure that the cord is fully inserted, so that the electrical connection can be made. Always confirm that the USB light turns on to indicate that the device is in charging mode.
- If the battery is dead, you can push the button a hundred times, but the result will be the same – it won’t turn on. Try charging your device fully, and then make another attempt to power it up.
- There’s a faulty connection somewhere in your device. Whether it’s a bad charger or a firing pin that’s getting stuck, anything that leads to an incomplete electrical connection is going to be an issue. It could be that your firing pin has vape juice on it, or it might not be coming in contact with the charger.
- If your battery has grime or dust on its connection points, that could be causing the problem as well. Use dry tissue or a cotton swab to gently clean the connection points, and then try the charging process again.
Contact the VaporFi Support Team
If you still aren’t able to figure out what’s going on with your device, the VaporFi support team will be more than happy to help. Contact us to speak with one of our friendly team members and we’ll help you get back on the path to happy vaping as soon as possible.
Gianna Del Monte is the Brand Manager at VaporFi. She has been in the vaping industry since June 2015 and has extensive experience in successfully managing and marketing a variety of new vapor product launches. Originally from New Jersey, Gianna has lived in the Miami area for the last 5 years.