Delta 8 has exploded in popularity due to the many positive effects users experience from it. But what exactly does delta 8 do and is it right for you? Don’t worry, the experts at VaporFi are here to explain it all, starting with the basics. So let’s dive right into it…
What Does Delta 8 Do to You? - How Does Delta 8 Work?
When consumed, Delta-8 THC interacts with the body's endocannabinoid system, specifically the CB1 receptors in the brain and central nervous system.
Some potential effects of Delta-8 THC may include:
- Mild psychoactive effects: Delta-8 THC is reported to produce a milder psychoactive experience compared to Delta-9 THC. Users often describe feeling relaxed, uplifted, and euphoric.
- Reduced anxiety: Some individuals claim that Delta-8 THC provides a calming and anxiety-reducing effect, although research is needed to confirm these claims.
- Pain relief: Delta-8 THC may have analgesic properties, potentially helping to alleviate pain and inflammation.
- Improved appetite: Like Delta-9 THC, Delta-8 THC may stimulate appetite, often referred to as "the munchies."
- Sleep aid: Delta-8 THC might have sedative properties, helping individuals achieve better sleep and relaxation.
Is Delta 8 the same as CBD?
No, Delta-8 THC and CBD (cannabidiol) are not the same compounds, although they both come from the cannabis plant.
Delta-8 THC is a psychoactive cannabinoid that occurs naturally in cannabis in smaller quantities. Delta-8 THC is chemically similar to Delta-9 THC, the primary psychoactive compound in cannabis
On the other hand, CBD is a non-psychoactive cannabinoid found in cannabis. Unlike Delta-8 THC, CBD does not produce a "high" effect. It interacts with the body's endocannabinoid system in a different way, mainly targeting CB2 receptors and influencing various physiological processes. CBD is commonly used for its potential therapeutic benefits, such as reducing pain, inflammation, anxiety, and improving sleep, among others.
What kind of high is delta-8? - What Does Delta-8 make you Feel?
The type of high experienced with Delta-8 THC can vary among individuals, but it is generally described as a milder and less intense version compared to Delta-9 THC.
Some common characteristics of the Delta-8 THC high include:
- Relaxation and Euphoria: Delta-8 THC is often reported to induce feelings of relaxation, both physically and mentally. Users may experience a sense of calmness, tranquility, and an overall uplifted mood. Euphoria, although milder compared to Delta-9 THC, can still be present.
- Heightened Sensory Perception: Delta-8 THC can enhance sensory experiences, making things like colors, tastes, and sounds appear more vivid or intensified.
- Mild Cognitive Effects: While Delta-8 THC is known for its psychoactive properties, it generally produces a less intoxicating effect compared to Delta-9 THC. Users may experience mild alterations in perception, cognition, and focus, but it is usually less impairing.
Is Delta 8 Right for Me?
Whether or not delta-8 THC is right for you depends on various factors such as your personal health history, medical conditions, medications you may be taking, and your overall goals or preferences.
If you are considering using delta-8 THC, it is important to consult with a healthcare professional or a knowledgeable cannabis specialist who can evaluate your specific situation and provide guidance based on your individual needs and circumstances. They can consider any potential risks, interactions, or contraindications with medications or medical conditions you may have.
How long does it take for Delta 8 high to kick in?
The onset time for the high experienced from Delta-8 THC can vary depending on several factors, especially the method of consumption. Let’s explore the different types of delta 8 uses:
- Inhalation (Vaping or Smoking)
When Delta-8 THC is inhaled, such as through vaping or smoking, the effects are typically felt more rapidly compared to other methods. Onset usually occurs within a few minutes, with the high peaking within 30 minutes to an hour after consumption. VaporFi offers a variety of disposable devices, cartridges, and flower prerolls.
- Sublingual (Under the Tongue)
Sublingual consumption involves placing Delta-8 THC tinctures or oils under the tongue and holding them there for a period of time to allow for absorption through the sublingual glands. Effects may start to be noticeable within 15 to 45 minutes.
- Ingestion (Edibles or Capsules)
When Delta-8 THC is consumed orally, such as through edibles or capsules, the onset time is generally slower. The THC needs to be metabolized by the digestive system before it enters the bloodstream. It can take anywhere from 30 minutes to 2 hours or more for the effects to be felt. It depends on factors like metabolism and the contents of your stomach. The high typically peaks around 1 to 3 hours after ingestion. VaporFi offers an amazing variety of delta 8 edibles to explore.
No matter which way you take delta 8, it's important to start with a low dosage and wait for the effects to fully manifest before considering additional consumption. Delta-8 THC affects individuals differently, so it's advisable to experiment cautiously and allow enough time to assess the potency and duration of the experience. In addition, always remember to follow the recommended dosage guidelines provided by the manufacturer and adhere to local laws and regulations regarding the use of Delta-8 THC.
We hope this article helped explain the effects of delta 8 and clarify if and how it is right for you. You can discover our entire Delta 8 collection. But if you have any additional questions, don't hesitate to contact our customer support team. We look forward to hearing from you!