We‘ve sure come a long way from having to use those expensive disposable batteries in the first generation electronic cigarettes! The rechargeable lithium ion batteries that now comes standard with second and third generation devices are amazing and have advanced the technology behind vaping by leaps and bounds.
However, batteries still require some care in order to achieve their maximum lifespan. Below are 7 tips on how to get the most juice from your electronic cigarette battery.
- Keep it in a dry, cool place. Leaving your electronic cig on the dash of your car in the summer or out in the rain at a ballgame is not the way to extend your battery life! Doing so will likely drastically cut your battery’s life short and possibly break your device altogether.
- Unplug the battery when it’s finished charging. Leaving an electronic cig charging for long periods of time after it is 100% charged is not a good idea. This will prevent your battery from holding a charge if done repeatedly.
- Clean the connections. Gunk, old e-juice, dust and other particles can clog up the connection between your battery and the tank. Make sure you clean it on a regular basis to keep your battery functioning properly without all that mess interfering.
- Recharge before fully dead. Recharging a fully dead battery requires much more power than if it has even a little more life left. The lifespan of your battery will decline rapidly if you allow your electronic cig to completely die too often.
- Don’t store a battery with a low charge. If you are putting away your electronic cigarette for an extended period of time, make sure you have at least a 75% charge on it. Do not store below a 50% charge as this will decrease the lifespan as well.
- Disconnect the tank during storage. Leaving the tank connected to the battery during storage will cause the device to work harder. Always disconnect the tank when you will not be using your device for quite some time.
- Use often and enjoy! Just like a car battery, the more you use your electronic cigarette and keep the battery active the better. Also, vaping with one of VaporFi’s fabulous products and yummy e-juice concoctions is something that many of our customers can’t resist!
At VaporFi we are happy to help answer any questions you have regarding battery care, maintenance and other vaping issues. For more detailed information on electronic cigarette battery care, please visit our Knowledge Center for these 6 Money-Saving Tips to Increase Your E-cig’s Battery Life.
Gianna Del Monte is the Brand Manager at VaporFi. She has been in the vaping industry since June 2015 and has extensive experience in successfully managing and marketing a variety of new vapor product launches. Originally from New Jersey, Gianna has lived in the Miami area for the last 5 years.