It’s summertime! Summer is a great season filled with beach vacations and other outdoor adventures. It’s also great weather for vaping as you take a long walk with your family, read in your hammock or tan at your favorite beach with your friends.
BBQ-ing? Grab your vaporizer.
Pool party? Make sure you have your vapor cig (away from the water!).
Strolling in the park? Bring your vape pen.
Outdoor concert? Get that e-cig on a lanyard ASAP!
Dinner on the patio? Keep that mod handy.
Summer is totally upon us, and this is the season for being outdoors, enjoying the world, and having as much fun as possible! While summer is a season of extremes, and typically all about having fun, when you vape, it’s smart to keep a few things in mind for safety and having the best experience when vaping.
Summer vay-cays and beaching it up are awesome, and totally better when you’ve got your vape pen in hand, so here are some tips for enjoying your vapor to the fullest while the heat is on!
E-Liquid Summer Tips
Typically, the sun caressing your skin as you sink your toes into the sand is a welcome treat, but when it comes to e-liquid, the sun and the heat are not your friends. E-liquid that is left in direct sunlight or in a hot car begins to break down and change flavor.
That’s right, your e-liquid can go from Tropical Fruity Fun to Spoiled Milk Surprise if left in the heat long enough! The heat not only changes the flavor of the e-liquid, but it can also break down the nicotine, change the texture of the e-liquid and clog your tank or atomizer. It gets gross quickly.
As if that’s not bad enough, heat can also damage the battery in your e-cig. Once lithium ion batteries reach 100°F, the heat damages the battery’s cells causing it to hold less and less of a charge.
Your vehicle is one location many people don’t think of as a damaging spot for an e-cig. As you well know, cars get extremely hot during the summer, soaking up the direct sunlight all day long. If your e-cig storage place is the front seat of your car, don’t be surprised if your battery seems to be dying quickly.
Luckily, these problems are avoidable! If possible, keep you vaping supplies in a cool, dark place. It’s best to keep e-liquid chilled in a refrigerator, but if you’re taking the boat out on the lake for the day, pack your e-cig and e-liquid in a cooler to keep everything safe from the heat. It’s best to include an icepack to really keep things cool, but wrap the icepack in a towel to make sure any condensation and excess water doesn’t interfere with your e-cig.
Coolers are a good idea for road trips as well, but if you find yourself in a pinch, try to keep everything out of direct sunlight as much as possible like in a backpack or under a seat.
Vaporizer Tips for the Heat!
- Don’t leave your vaporizers or batteries in the car. Cars get really hot during the summer months, and all that pent up heat wreaks havoc on batteries and any devices containing them. If you want to keep them safe, keep them with you, and keep them cool.
- Be prepared for unexpected adventures with an extra charger, extra e-juice, and an extra battery for when you’re out longer than expected!
- Keep your goods in a storage case, they rock. All your vaping gear will be safe and organized.
- Summer can often mean extreme weather, often changing at a moment’s notice- try to protect your vaporizers from rain and the heat.
- Traveling? E-cigs and mods are much better travel companions than cigarettes, so take yours wherever you go!
- Hitting the beach? Do your best not to get carried away having fun and leave your vaporizer out in the sun. While they have no vampire-like aversions to the sunlight, having advanced electronic components means they are much better off out of direct sunlight and stored safely in a cool, dry place.
- Get yourself some summer-themed e-liquid flavors. If you aren’t aware, (haha!) we have an incredible selection of e-liquid flavors and custom blends. Some of our top summer pics include Summer Tea, Mint Julep, Watermelon Zest Candy Crush, Caribbean Escape, Summer Freshness, and Frozen Banana.
Hopefully, these tips will help improve your vaping experience this summer. Check out our packing checklist for more information on traveling with your e-cig, and if you’re looking for new flavors to spice up your vacation, we have over 30,000 flavors for you to try.
Summertime, and the living’s easy! Especially when you are having a good time and vaping. This summer, we hope you enjoy it all to the max with your VaporFi MODs!
Gianna Del Monte is the Brand Manager at VaporFi. She has been in the vaping industry since June 2015 and has extensive experience in successfully managing and marketing a variety of new vapor product launches. Originally from New Jersey, Gianna has lived in the Miami area for the last 5 years.